Dental Implants In Abu Dhabi
What is Dental Implant?
When a patient needs to replace a missing tooth, dental implants are an excellent option. People who recently lost a tooth owing to periodontal disease or possibly an injury frequently receive implants as a dental treatment. If you are looking forward to having the dental implants in Abu Dhabi, then Shield Medical Center is there for you.
A dental implant is a titanium “screw” that is painstakingly placed into the jawbone to support a gorgeously crafted, resilient, and strong porcelain tooth. Additionally, implants are used to support dentures to keep them stable and from shifting when eating specific foods.
In order to prepare for and ensure the success of the procedure, your dentist will schedule a series of appointments if you’re interested in getting a dental implant. Your dentist will walk you through each step so you feel at ease throughout the entire procedure. Titanium screws can fuse to the bone which is vital for a successful dental implant. When a tooth or multiple teeth are lost, the bone that originally supported them begins to shrink causing a sagging face appearance over time.
Types of dental implants
There are two types of dental implants – Endosteal and Subperiosteal.
- Endosteal (in the bone): This is the most popular type of implant. It can take many different shapes, such as surgically implanted screws, cylinders, or blades in the jawbone. One or more artificial teeth are supported by each implant. Patients who now use removable dentures or bridges may want to consider this type of implant as an option.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone): This kind of implant rests on the top of the jaw and is held in place by metal posts that protrude through the gum. Patients who are unable to wear traditional dentures and lack the sufficient bone height to support an endosteal implant typically use subperiosteal implants.
Procedure for dental implant
Your periodontist will develop a treatment strategy that is specifically catered to you based on your unique condition and the kind of implant you decide to use. Depending on your specific circumstances, the following treatment plans may be an option:
- Dental implants for a single tooth can be used to replace a single lost tooth.
- Dental implants that can replace several teeth can be used if you are missing many teeth.
- Full-mouth dental implants can replace all of your lost teeth if you are missing all of your teeth.
- Sinus Augmentation – The quantity and quality of the bone where the implant is to be done are crucial factors for a successful implant. Due to the lack of adequate bone quantity and quality as well as the near proximity to the sinus, the upper back jaw is one of the challenging places to successfully insert dental implants. However, this issue is resolved via sinus augmentation, which raises the sinus floor and creates bone that can support dental implants.
- Ridge Modification – You may not have enough bone in your jaw to support dental implants if you have deformities in either your upper or lower jaw. The gum is pulled away from the ridge to reveal the gap where the bone is lacking to fix the issue. After that, bone or a bone substitute is used to fill the space to create the ridge. Ridge modification has been demonstrated to significantly enhance the jaw’s look and raise the likelihood that implants will be successful.
Benefits of dental implants in Abu Dhabi
- Providing a long-term remedy for tooth loss
- Restoring the mouth to its most natural form; acting like real teeth
- Preventing additional bone deterioration
- Avoiding premature aging and drooping of the face
- Maintaining the stability of nearby teeth restoring the appearance of a smile
- Improving the self-assurance and self-worth of our patients
Caring for dental implants
- Avoid touching your lips or spitting for 24 hours after the procedure to prevent the surgical site from becoming contaminated.
- Avoid chewy or hard meals, as well as intense sports and activities.
- Avoid applying pressure to the surgery site when brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Consume a lot of water.
- Take the drugs that your dentist has advised you to take in order to reduce any discomfort experienced while the healing process is underway.
- Don’t smoke.
- Visit your implantologist frequently, particularly in the first three months following the procedure. Checkups should continue to be performed every six months after the healing is finished.
Permanent Solution for missing teeth
You can have teeth that are whole and function well at any age. The greatest option for replacing missing teeth is a dental implant, which will allow you to smile freely, eat normally, and speak with confidence once more.
Implants are the treatments that most closely mimic the appearance and functionality of your original teeth since they are built to last for many years. Each dental implant is surgically positioned in the jawbone to give you a smile that looks natural.
Shield Medical Center is the good option if you’re looking for reliable dental implants in Abu Dhabi. Our skilled implantologists will use dental implants in your therapy to replace your lost teeth permanently.
Little titanium posts called dental implants are used to replace the missing teeth's roots. In a quick operation performed in the dental office, they are placed into your jawbone. An incredibly realistic porcelain tooth crown is fitted to the implant once it has been set into your jawbone. You may be able to have replacement (temporary) teeth the same day your implants are placed in some situations, while in others the implant must fuse with the bone for several months before it is permanently crowned.
Dental implants from dental implants in Abu Dhabi are a good tooth replacement option for you if you have a strong, healthy jawbone and gums. Dental implants might not be the good option for you if you have lost bone density as a result of a tooth abscess or have oral health issues like gingivitis.
Getting your implants done from dental implants in Abu Dhabi does have many advantages:
They are versatile
Act like original tooth
Makes it easier to speak
Improves your oral health
Depending on the policy and the scope of the dental plan, dental implants may or may not be covered under dental insurance in Abu Dhabi. However, an exception may be granted in case the dental implant surgery needs to be undertaken in case of an accident, injury or illness. Contact us to know more about the charges and insurance coverages.
Depending on where in the jaw the implants are inserted, the success rate of dental implants varies, but in general it can reach 98%. Getting it done from dental implants in Abu Dhabi makes it more successful.
Dental implants are currently the most durable tooth replacement alternative. They can last a lifetime if properly maintained. Unfortunately, your dental implant's crown will eventually need to be replaced.
There are certain things that you need to know before getting dental implants:
Be familiar with the procedure
Know the costs
Know the pros and cons
Get to know how to take care of it after wards, etc.
Offering one of the premium dental implants in Abu Dhabi, we make sure that you are fully aware of the know-hows of the procedure and aftercare.
Dental implants have been used by dentists for a long time, and implant technology is constantly improving. Dental implants are now complex devices that are installed by highly skilled specialists. They are among the most trustworthy methods of replacing missing teeth.
You shouldn't experience any discomfort while getting dental implants if your nerves are numbed. Sometimes you might feel pressure, but it shouldn't hurt. Oral sedation is a treatment option for patients who have dental procedure anxiety.
The treatment itself lasts one to two hours, and recovery takes three to six months. The titanium alloy implant (the same substance used in joint replacements) will begin to repair around and integrate with the surrounding bone tissue during this period. No other load-bearing medical implant heals or recovers as quickly.